By now you probably have a strong interest in Japanese tea and would like to deepen it further. We would be glad to have you on the Japanese Tea Intermediate Course online!
The course covers a wide variety of topics including Japanese tea industry, tea regions as well as variations in Japanese tea production. You will also be able to get a better understanding of Japanese tea culture as well as professionally taste and evaluate several lesser known Japanese teas such as Kabuse Sencha, Tamaryokucha, Wakoucha and much more.
Participation in this course will help you to expand your knowledge and understanding of Japanese tea that will come useful in current or future tea projects. Let’s explore the wider world of Japanese tea together!
- Japanese Tea Industry
- Japanese Tea Regions
- Variations in Japanese Tea Production
- Lesser-known Japanese Tea Kinds:
- Japanese Tea Brewing and Professional Evaluation
- Japanese Tea Culture
The course consists of 2h x 4 session that are held weekly. The course is held English by the president of our association – Simona Suzuki. To ensure interactive and personable experience the course is limited to 5 people and is held live over Zoom. After the successful completion of the course, students will receive a course certificate.
Dates & Times
- October Course 1: 11am-1pm on 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th October (Japan Time)
- October Course 2: 5pm-7pm on 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th October (Japan Time)
- Regular fee ¥62,900
- Member fee Y59,900 (for Tea Fellows and Tea Catalysts)
What Is Included
- 4 live course sessions
- Course handbook
- High grade Japanese teas needed during the course for brewing and evaluation
- Teaware from famous regions in Japan, needed during the course that will also be useful long after the course (valued at ¥32,000):
- Shigaraki shiboridashi x 1
- Shigaraki yuzamashi x 1
- Minoyaki gyokuro cups x 5
- Minoyaki evaluation cups x 5
- Evaluation strainers x 5
- Black evaluation plates x 5
- Shipping to your address
- Certificate upon successful completion and passing the test
*The visual appearance of the teaware items may differ from the image.
- Japanese Tea Foundation Course certificate
- Japanese Tea Foundation Course set:
- Kyusu x 2
- White sencha cups x 6
- Matcha bowl x 1
- Matcha whisk x 1
- Matcha scoop x 1
- White display plates x 5
To register please complete the form below (advance payment will be necessary to confirm your place). Please register only if you are available to attend all 4 sessions of the course.
- 30 days prior to the course start date: full refund (excluding transaction fees)
- Less 30 days prior to the course start date: no refund