By now you probably have a strong interest in Japanese tea and would like to deepen it further. We would be glad to have you on the Japanese Tea Intermediate Course online!
The course covers a wide variety of topics including Japanese tea industry, tea regions as well as variations in Japanese tea production. You will also be able to get a better understanding of Japanese tea culture as well as professionally taste and evaluate several lesser known Japanese teas such as Kabusecha, Tamaryokucha, Wakoucha and much more.
Participation in this course will help you to expand your knowledge and understanding of Japanese tea that will come useful in current or future tea projects. Let’s explore the wider world of Japanese tea together!
Course Format and Topics
The course consists of 2h x 4 session that are held weekly and is held English by the president of our association – Simona Suzuki. To ensure interactive and personable experience the course is limited to 5 people and is held live over Zoom. After the successful completion of the course students will receive the course certificate. The course includes the topics below.
- Japanese Tea Industry
- Japanese Tea Regions
- Variations in Japanese Tea Production
- Lesser-known Japanese Tea Kinds:
- Japanese Tea Brewing and Professional Evaluation
- Japanese Tea Culture
Paula from Brazil, 2021 course
“It was very good to continue the studies, more deeply now, on Japanese teas. Once again the instructor demonstrated knowledge and a lot of skill. The practical experience was great for building knowledge. Congratulations to everyone involved in this amazing course!!! Can’t wait for the association’s next activities.”
Carol form the Belgium, 2021 course
“Very well organized, congratulations! It motivates to do even more with Japanese tea!”
Sara form Italy, 2021 course
“The teacher Simona provided us with a lot of knowledge about Japanese tea and its culture. It was great to have the possibility to taste a lot of tea together and share our thoughts. I wish I can continue my education with GJTea in the future.”
Dates & Times
May Course: 10am-12pm on 19th, 26th May and 2nd, 9th June (Japan time, UTC+09:00)
June Course 1: 1pm-3pm on 16th, 23rd, 30th June and 7th July (Japan time, UTC+09:00)
June Course 2: 4pm-6pm on 16th, 23rd, 30th June and 7th July (Japan time, UTC+09:00)
*If you would like to check the time in your timezone, you can use a free tool like world time buddy. You can even select a specific date, to help avoid unexpected seasonal time changes.
Regular fee ¥62,900
Member fee Y59,900 (for Tea Fellows and Tea Catalysts)
What Is Included
- 4 live course sessions
- Course handbook and slides
- High grade Japanese teas needed during the course for brewing and evaluation
- Teaware from famous regions in Japan, needed during the course that will also be useful long after the course:
- Shigaraki shiboridashi x 1
- Shigaraki yuzamashi x 1
- Minoyaki gyokuro cups x 5
- Minoyaki evaluation cups x 5
- Evaluation strainers x 5
- Black evaluation plates x 5
- Shipping to your address
- Certificate upon successful completion and passing the test
*The visual appearance of the teaware items may differ from the image.
- Japanese Tea Foundation Course certificate
- Japanese Tea Foundation Course set items:
- Kyusu x 2
- White sencha cups x 6
- Matcha bowl x 1
- Matcha whisk x 1
- Matcha scoop x 1
- White display plates x 5
To register please select the course below and complete the payment. Please register only if you are available to attend all 4 sessions of the course.
- 30 days prior to the course start date: full refund (excluding transaction fees)
- Less 30 days prior to the course start date: no refund