Are you interested in tea and would like to learn more about Japanese tea? The Japanese Tea Foundation Course may be just what you are looking for!
The course covers a wide variety of topics from Japanese tea history and tea production to different tea kinds in Japan and their components. You will also be able to learn how to prepare several Japanese teas, such as Gyokuro, Matcha, Hojicha etc.; and understand how to properly store them.
Participation in this course will help you to gain a better understanding of Japanese tea, that will bring more confidence when engaging with tea in various ways. Together let’s take your tea passion to the next level!
- Japanese Tea History
- Japanese Tea Production
- Japanese Tea Kinds
- Japanese Tea Brewing:
- Tea Components and Health Benefits
- Japanese Tea Storing
The course consists of 2h x 4 session that are held weekly. The course is held English by experienced and knowledgeable instructors. To ensure interactive and personable experience the course is limited to 5 people and held live over Zoom. After the successful completion of the course the the students will receive a course certificate.
Lilia form the USA, 2020 course
“I appreciate this opportunity to learn; it was very hands-on, interactive and a memorable experience. Thank you very much!”
Csilla from Hungary, 2020 course
“Great introductory course into Japanese tea. Enjoyed the shared tea preparation and actual tastings, and the discussions about our individual experience of it. Thank you for the opportunity.”
Sara from Italy, 2020 course
“I really enjoyed the course and especially experimenting in real-time with the tea preparation methods. The content and the topics were very nicely explained and it was interesting to exchange opinions about the tasted teas with the other participants.”
Dates & Times
- October 2020 course: 7pm-9pm on 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th October
- November 2020 course: 8pm-10pm on 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th November
- December 2020 course: 5pm-7pm on 26th November, 3rd, 10th, 17th December
- January 2021 course: 5pm-7pm on 14th, 21st, 28th January, 4th February (Japan Time) – Registration has closed
- February 2021 course: 5pm-7pm on 11th, 18th, 25th February, 4th March (Japan Time)
- Regular fee ¥54,900
- Member fee Y52,900 (Tea Fellow and Tea Catalyst)
What Is Included
- 4 live course sessions
- High grade Japanese teas needed during the course for brewing and evaluation
- Teaware from famous regions in Japan, needed during the course that will also be useful long after the course:
- Tokoname kyusu with ceramic filter x 2
- Minoyaki matcha bowl x 1
- Takayama chasen x 1
- Takayama chashaku x 1
- Sencha cups x 6
- Display plates x 4
- Set of bamboo chopsticks x 1
- Shipping to your address
- Certificate upon successful completion and passing the test
*The visual appearance of the teaware items may differ from the image.
To register please complete the form below (advance payment will be necessary to confirm your place). Please register only if you are available to attend all 4 sessions of the course.
- 30 days prior to the course start date: 100% refund (excluding transaction fees)
- Less 30 days prior to the course start date: no refund