Are you interested in tea and would like to learn more about Japanese tea? The Japanese Tea Foundation Course may be just what you are looking for!
The course covers a wide variety of topics from Japanese tea history and tea production to different tea kinds in Japan and their components. You will also be able to learn how to prepare several Japanese teas, such as Gyokuro, Matcha, Hojicha, etc.; and understand how to properly store them.
Participation in this course will help you to gain a better understanding of Japanese tea, that will bring more confidence when engaging with tea in various ways. Together let’s take your tea passion to the next level!
- Japanese Tea History
- Japanese Tea Farming and Processing
- Japanese Tea Kinds:
- Tea Components and Health Benefits
- Japanese Tea Brewing and Tasting
- Japanese Tea Storing
The course consists of 2h x 4 session that are held weekly. The course is held English by the association founders – Simona Suzuki and Anna Poian. To ensure interactive and personable experience the course is limited to 5 people and is held live over Zoom. After the successful completion of the course, students will receive a course certificate.
Lilia form the USA, 2020 course
“I appreciate this opportunity to learn; it was very hands-on, interactive and a memorable experience. Thank you very much!”
Csilla from Hungary, 2020 course
“Great introductory course into Japanese tea. Enjoyed the shared tea preparation and actual tastings, and the discussions about our individual experience of it. Thank you for the opportunity.”
Sara from Italy, 2020 course
“I really enjoyed the course and especially experimenting in real-time with the tea preparation methods. The content and the topics were very nicely explained and it was interesting to exchange opinions about the tasted teas with the other participants.”
Dates & Times
- October Course 1: 11am-1pm on 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th October (Japan Time)
- October Course 2: 5pm-7pm on 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th October (Japan Time)
- Regular fee ¥54,900
- Member fee Y52,900 (for Tea Fellows and Tea Catalysts)
- Reduced regular fee (excluding teaware, if you can confirm that you have all the necessary items) ¥36,900
- Reduced member fee (excluding teaware, if you can confirm that you have all the necessary items) ¥34,900 (for Tea Fellows and Tea Catalysts)
What Is Included
- 4 live course sessions
- High grade Japanese teas needed during the course for brewing and evaluation
- Teaware from famous regions in Japan, needed during the course that will also be useful long after the course (valued at ¥27,000):
- Tokoname kyusu with ceramic filter x 2
- Minoyaki sencha cups x 6
- Minoyaki matcha bowl x 1
- Takayama chasen x 1
- Takayama chashaku x 1
- Display plates x 5
- Set of bamboo chopsticks x 1
- The book ‘Japanese Tea: A Comprehensive Guide’ personally signed by the author and course instructor
- Shipping to your address
- Certificate upon successful completion and passing the test
*The visual appearance of the teaware items may differ from the image.
To register please complete the form below (advance payment will be necessary to confirm your place). Please register only if you are available to attend all 4 sessions of the course.
- 30 days prior to the course start date: full refund (excluding transaction fees)
- Less 30 days prior to the course start date: no refund