Do you have a strong interest in tea and would like to learn more about Japanese tea? The Japanese Tea Foundation Course may be just what you are looking for!
The course covers a wide variety of topics from Japanese tea history and tea production to different tea kinds in Japan and their components. You will also be able to learn how to prepare several Japanese teas, such as Gyokuro, Matcha, Hojicha etc.; and understand how to properly store them.
Participation in this course will help you to gain a better understanding of Japanese tea, that will bring more confidence when engaging with tea in various ways. Together let’s take your tea passion to the next level!
- Japanese Tea History
- Japanese Tea Production
- Japanese Tea Kinds
- Japanese Tea Brewing:
- Tea Components and Health Benefits
- Japanese Tea Storing
Course Format: The course consists of 2h x 4 session that are held weekly. The course is held English by experienced and knowledgeable instructors. To ensure interactive and personable experience the course is limited to 5 people and held live over Zoom. After the successful completion of the course the the students will receive a course certificate.
Dates & Times:
- October Monday course: 10am-12pm on 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th October (Japan time) – Registration has closed
- October Thursday course: 7pm-9pm on 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th October (Japan time) – Registration has closed
- November Monday course: 10am-12pm on 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th November (Japan time)
- November Thursday course: 8pm-10pm on 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th November (Japan time)
- Regular fee ¥54,900
- Member fee Y52,900 (Tea Fellow and Tea Catalyst)
What is included:
- Live course sessions
- High grade Japanese teas needed during the course for brewing and evaluation
- Teaware from famous regions in Japan, needed during the course that will also be useful long after the course:
- Tokoname kyusu with ceramic filter x 2
- Minoyaki matcha bowl x 1
- Takayama chasen x 1
- Takayama chashaku x 1
- Sencha cups x 6
- Display plates x 4
- Set of bamboo chopsticks x 1
- Shipping to your address
- Certificate upon successful completion and passing the test
*The visual appearance of the teaware items may differ from the image.
Registration: To register please complete the form below (advance payment will be necessary to confirm your place). Please register only if you are available to attend all 4 sessions of the course.
- 30 days prior to the course start date: 100% refund (excluding transaction fees)
- Less 30 days prior to the course start date: no refund