By now you probably have a strong interest in Japanese tea and would like to deepen it further. We would be glad to have you on the Japanese Tea Intermediate Course online!
The course covers a wide variety of topics including Japanese tea industry, tea regions as well as variations in Japanese tea production. You will also be able to get a better understanding of Japanese tea culture as well as professionally taste and evaluate several lesser known Japanese teas such as Kabusecha, Tamaryokucha, Wakoucha and much more.
Participation in this course will help you to expand your knowledge and understanding of Japanese tea that will come useful in current or future tea projects. Let’s explore the wider world of Japanese tea together!
Course Format and Topics
The course consists of 4h x 2 sessions and is taught in English by the president of our association – Simona Suzuki. To ensure interactive and personable experience the tea course is limited to 6 people. After the successful completion of the course, students will receive the course certificate. The course includes the topics below.
- Japanese Tea Industry
- Japanese Tea Regions
- Variations in Japanese Tea Production
- Lesser-known Japanese Tea Kinds:
- Japanese Tea Professional Evaluation
- Japanese Tea Culture
March Course: 2pm-6pm on 28th & 29th March
April Course: 2pm-6pm on 18th & 19th April
*If you have a group of 2 or more people and would like to take the course outside of the scheduled dates, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tea courses are held in Kyoto City centre. The address of the venue is 650-4 Fumoto-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto city, 600-8467.
Regular fee ¥36,000
Member Fee ¥33,000 (Tea Fellows)
What Is Included
- 2 course sessions
- Course handbook and slides
- High grade Japanese teas needed during the course for tea brewing and evaluation
- Certificate upon successful completion and passing of the test
To register please select the course below and complete the payment. Attendance on both days is needed to complete the course.
- More than 20 days prior to the course start date: 100% refund (excluding transaction fees)
- 14 days prior to the course start date: 50% refund
- 7 days prior to the course start date: no refund