Are you interested in Japanese tea and would like to learn more about it? The Japanese Tea Foundation Course may be just what you are looking for!
A tea course covers a wide variety of topics from Japanese tea history and tea production to different tea kinds in Japan and their components. You will also be able to learn how to prepare several Japanese teas, such as Matcha, Sencha, Hojicha etc.; and understand how to properly store them.
Participation in this tea course will help you build a solid foundation on Japanese tea, that will bring more confidence when engaging with tea in various ways. Join over a hundred students that have completed this course and together let’s take your tea passion to the next level!
Course Format and Topics
The course consists of 4h x 2 sessions and is taught in English by the president of our association – Simona Suzuki. To ensure interactive and personable experience the tea course is limited to 6 people. After the successful completion of the course, students will receive the course certificate. The course includes the topics below.
- Japanese Tea History
- Japanese Tea Farming and Processing
- Japanese Tea Kinds
- Tea Components and Health Benefits
- Japanese Tea Brewing:
- Japanese Tea Storing
December Course: 1:30pm-5:30pm on 7th & 8th December, 2023
*If you have a group of 2 or more people and would like to take the course outside of the scheduled dates, please contact us at email@example.com.
The tea courses are held in Kyoto City centre. The address of the venue is 650-4 Fumoto-cho, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto city, 600-8467.
Regular fee ¥32,000
Member Fee ¥30,000 (Tea Fellow, Tea Catalyst)
What Is Included
- 2 course sessions
- Course handbook and slides
- High grade Japanese teas needed during the course for tea brewing and evaluation
- The book ‘Japanese Tea: A Comprehensive Guide’ personally signed by the author and the president of our association
- Certificate upon successful completion and passing of the test
To register please select the course below and complete the payment. Attendance on both days is needed to complete the course. Please register only if you have a right to enter and stay in Japan for the duration of the course. For current visa information please check this page.
- More than 20 days prior to the course start date: 100% refund (excluding transaction fees)
- 14 days prior to the course start date: 50% refund
- 7 days prior to the course start date: no refund